The Foreign Aid Service
Raising funds to support vital works abroad
The Foreign Aid Service (FAS) raises support for the works of the Order around the world. With an annual dinner and emergency appeals throughout the year the money raised by FAS goes directly towards:
- disaster and emergency situations through Malteser International or the Associations.
- long-term sustainable support to the most needy: the persecuted, elderly and disabled people, refugees, the homeless and those with neglected diseases through the Global Fund for Forgotten People.
Staffed by volunteers, the FAS is low-cost and it benefits from the international reach and scale of the Order to be effective. We carefully select initiatives where the money raised can make a meaningful difference to the project and those who are helping.
Thanks to the work of the volunteers and the generosity of our sponsors, the FAS is able to donate all the money raised straight to the different projects.
These are some of the projects that have been funded in the past:
- Lithuania: Training paramedics at school
- Lebanon: medical supplies for Refugee families
- Malteser International Appeal
PATRON: Mr Richard Fitzalan Howard
CURRENT FAS COMMITTEE:
Cécile Coke (Chair),
Maria Cristina Leproni
Eugenie van Nispen tot Sevenaer
Christian von Sanden